Sur le Quai

Jan 9, 2013

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dress: Vintage, jacket: Topshop, shoes: Vintage

Sometimes it's okay to be super touristy even in the place you grew up. Paris is so beautiful revisiting things you've seen countless times still seems like the first. Philip Charles brought me to  the American book store. "Shakespeare and Company" If ever you're in the area it's at:
 37 rue de la Bucherie.
Walking into this place again was like literally walking into a memory box...it had been over 10 years since i'd walked in and I was flooded with all these memories, my mom bought me Le petit prince in english at that store and Alice and wonderland...I remember this is where my love for reading began. I'd sit in this little cove up on the first floor in the back right behind the smallest staircase in the world and read. Unfortunately pictures are not allowed at the bookstore, but that's the beauty of it all. I have no clue or care if this place is touristic. That bookstore has such great vibes  and so does walking up and down the quai de Montebello. So next time you're in town or if you're in town take an afternoon and visit.
follow me on Instagram

18 comments:

  1. You have such an good eye for photographs, your pictures are so inspiring! I'm in love!
    I'm from Brazil and I'm moving to Paris this year, I've been there only once, I'm just waiting for a homestay family to choose me. Paris is lovely I can't wait :)) Lucky you for growing up there!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah vive shekspear and co!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! nice shots but you made a mistake it's "sur LE quai" not "la" quai!

    http://www.letiziabarcelona.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le Petit Prince was my favourite childhood book!


    www.deancorno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your coat and shoes!

    www.adelajdainsp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I would give to be in Paris again! That's amazing that you grew up there. Such a beautiful city.

    xo ohsokatieli

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos!

    Bises,
    monkeyshines
    http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited Paris this summer and loved it!
    Also, the fact that your coats match is so cute! Love the color.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently discovered your blog and I must say I am in love!
    For starters I am thrilled to find someone that has similar hair to me...and we have similar styles. I have never been to Paris but it's definitely on my bucket list...haha

    You are so lucky you grew up there and have family you can visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm feeling the same about Indy! While it isn't a Paris ...it is small feeling to me because I'm from here! I know these streets almost too well! But since I've started my blog and done my tours I am falling for Indy in ways I never thought possible. I recall memories all over the city and have a story to tell about the most random spots. With that all said you make Paris look terribly tempting as a future home for Jason and I!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. i. want. those. shoes.
    you, and your images, are beautiful as always!
    xo -jm
    www.threadandbones.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, let's trade places :p

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so gorgeous! I love Paris!
    And you style is just perfect for the city
    www.styleoutlook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't notice the amazing giant pocket zippers on that coat. I just fell more in love with it!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. such pretty, thoughtful pictures!

    -Sarah
    www.chicbanner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your blog..
    xx
    rulymuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved