{Jakarta} Meeting and discovering

Nov 11, 2012

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


So basically this trip just keeps getting better and better. I feel like I'm on an adventure which is so much better than visiting a country and then being cooped up in your hotel.

We left Jakarta after our second night and took a plane to Pekalongan, a super short one hour flight, I listened to music and slept on Christina. I wore Batik jeans which were custom made and a gift upon my arrival, believe me jeans and a plain Tee was  such a good call, the heat here is intense  so being covered is a good way to protect yourself from the sun, even if it means sweating a little.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

How cute are these little kids and the locals, I can't stop smiling here!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


After a pretty long, but amazing bus drive thru the city we arrived at the Batik museum. It's so amazing to see these men and woman making Batik still in the traditional way, the same tools everything. Walking into the space is such a soothing feeling, the smell of wax and wood fills every nostril, it's quite peaceful actually. I didn't know I could learn so much about something I literally didn't know anything about...does that make sense, because it makes sense to me. I feel so sheltered I hated the feeling of not knowing about something so lovely and full of history.
Follow me on Instagram


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love all of the prints and fabrics.


    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are having a great time! I love that picture of the lady stenciling! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

    xx, alexia > In The Meantime

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap those jeans are fantastic. fit in so well with your surroundings

    what are you guys there for? is it some blog thing, or just for fun?

    You're both so gorgeous and seem like so much fun to hang out with. Have a great rest of your trip!

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, reminds me of the Philippines soo much...seriously missing Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos look amazing! :) I always love visiting your page!

    xo
    Maggie
    http://magz725.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the photos! And your outfit! so simple yet so chic!

    The Niknok Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos !
    Love your trousers !

    http://www.olastory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing, great pants! That last picture pretty much sums it all up!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com
    http://8questionsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing trip.. I wish I could go somewhere like that some day..
    And serisously, those jeans are amazing, I can't believe how pretty they are!

    inwithdnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG you're in my home town! That's so weird especially since I just came back from Jakarta about two weeks ago. I've never been to Pekalongan myself, it's rather an odd choice for a tourist but excellent choice to embrace the batik culture. I love batik and still wear batik dress and pants proudly all the time! I actually wore a batik dress for my graduation 4 years ago! Sigh... good times!

    Nora
    NoraFinds

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.. cool.. so much fun... :)i bet you love it. :)

    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES that makes sense. i love your photos, so gorgeous. your specs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Makes a whole lot of sense. It looks and sounds like you're having the time of your life!! And you look amazing while doing so by the way.;)
    Peet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those jeans are seriously amazing! Such a cool time you're having; continue to enjoy every moment.

    http://rhythmandruffle.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm enjoying all of the pictures on both of you two's sites!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your pics for the sheltered people (me) of Orange County, CA! Love it! Stop by and see my 21 pics for 21st birthday for my son (he's modeling in Paris right now...not a bad place to spend your birthday!)
    http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2012/11/jullien-turns-21-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog and love it. such great visuals. following via GCF to keep updated!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved