{Day 2} The streets

Nov 9, 2012

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dress Tolani: shoes: Zara, bag: Rebecca Minkoff, bracelet: Giles & Brother necklace: By Boe

It's safe to say that I'm in love with Indonesia! Everyone loves getting their picture taken and the smiles are contagious.
I walked outside with Christina is scorching heat, the only wearable thing to wear was my camel dress which yes I thought was extremely cute due to the "Batik'esk" vibe to it. The funny part about the dress was I had no ideal it even had camels on it till Christina pointed it out. Still super confusing that our names are the same right? Everyone here calls me Chris or just refers to the both of us as "the Christina's" thats fine by me. Near our first hotel we found this small local market place. I love that I said we "found" something when I'm sure we didn't find anything at all, we just got a little lost and stumbled across the market. The man in the last photo is selling gasoline! I thought it was lemon tea, for a really long time until the tour guide corrected me after he burst out laughing. And also may I add that our tour guide is seriously the bomb, I've never laughed so hard before over the silliest things. Indonesian humor is quite slapstick, really expressive in gestures. It reminded me of my grandpa's humor growing up and that's the feeling you get when you visit this place...you feel welcomed and at home even though you are literally miles and miles away. 
Later that day we visited the Batik Museum to find out how Batik was made. I have many pictures but my internet connection is so slow I'll try and upload more tomorrow.
Follow me via Instagram too!

19 comments:

  1. Once again, beautiful pictures!

    www.laceandpearlsbyroos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are having the time of your life!

    www.suspironews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! that armpit. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful captures!

    Bises,
    monkeyshines
    http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't notice it had camels on it until you pointed it out! haha

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos and great dress!
    you really remind Riff Cohen- a great israeli singer.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pictures! i really want to go!
    ~niki <3
    http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amei, você está tão linda e seu vestido é muito fofo, beijos Chris!!

    Lovely u dress ♥


    Emile Brito

    http://Oxentepreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to Jakarta :)


    www.jururekamphoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Indonesians are so beautiful! I used to ride a hired scooter around in Bali and every time I fell off (which was a lot) there would always be a local farmer running over to help me up. They're so friendly and generous. Deadly rip-off artists in the markets, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ^^ jeez, guys. do you really want to perpetuate the bulls%&t idea that we should be ashamed of our bodies? I suppose you are both perfectly groomed 24/7? get over yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unless you are a MAN, try not to grow something on you esp. if you're a fine lady! never heard of proper hygiene?

      Delete
    2. Ha I do remove my underarm hair, and I do consider myself a "fine lady." But body hair is not unhygienic. Women in western culture only started removing it because magazines started advertising hair removal products in the 1920's- 1930's, and their advertising referred to body hair as "unsightly," simply to motivate women to buy their products. Advertisers figured that making women feel embarrassed about the natural state of their bodies would create a whole new market, which never existed before, just so they could make money. Hygiene has nothing to do with it.

      I prefer to remove my underarm hair, but it's a personal choice based on my own aesthetic preferences and nothing more. Trying to shame another woman for anything at all related to their bodies is pathetic, Anonymous. Have you never heard of basic manners? I'll fill you in. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.

      Delete
    3. I'm happy for you, then! Grow some hair and keep me posted..be sure to give me your blog link maybe I can also pin into my inspirstion board. Pinterest title "Hairy girls strikes again"
      Good day!

      It's my opinion..so if you want to grow your own hair in your pits go ahead..
      You are pathetic! DUMBO!

      Delete
    4. No need to get so worked up, sweetie. I was not calling YOU pathetic, just the action of coming to this beautiful blog and criticizing such an insignificant thing. Ignorant name calling does not help your case.

      Maybe you should try running your own blog. Put yourself up for public comment and hope that visitors treat you with more respect and courtesy than you have shown Christina.

      Delete
  12. a friend recommended me your page!
    you are gorgeous!

    x

    www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. it looks so fun.. :) enjoy your day in Indonesia.. hope you like it. :)
    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved