On my face

May 11, 2015


I feel as though this post has been long overdue. I pretty much owe you guys a step by step, but taking this little by little since I have yet to film a proper tutorial.

I'm a severe product junkie and adore trying out new creams to hydrate my terribly dry face. These are all products I purchased with my own money except for the Shu Uemura face mist which was a gift but doesn't defeat the fact that it's incredible.

Here we go:

- After washing my face I applied the Kiehl's "Midnight Recovery Eye" cream. It's suppose to restore your eyes removing those not so cute dark under eye circles. (I guess in two weeks I'll let you know if it actually works or not since it's literally brand new)

- I applied the Aesop  face oil on my hands rubbing them together to heat up the oil and then patted it all over my face. (don't use too much a small dime size is perfect otherwise your face will become a tad oily since it's pretty potent) 

- The Kiehl's Serum is pretty amazing and also extremely hydrating!! Normally I follow serums with a face cream, but instead I decided to follow it up with the Chamomile mist from Shu Uemura.

Would love if you guys commented below and shared some of your favorite beauty products! 



  1. I've been meaning to try Aesop and Shu Uemura products. I hear a lot of hype about them. I'm really intrigued by the chamomile mist. It sounds refreshing and like an alternative to rose water.

    As for beauty products I really like right now: Carol’s Daughter Açai Clarifying Exfoliating Toner (I talk about this, and other summer skin savers, here); basically everything from CAMP Skin Care, especially if you like natural beauty products (I interviewed the founder - read here); and Sukin Moisturizing Night Cream, which is a brand that's new to me. I have combo skin (oily t-zone) so I don't know how well these products would work for you, but they're becoming essentials for me.


  2. I use the Kiehls daily exfoliator and follow up with the serum. Love it!


    Flip Flops and Furs

  3. The Botanics rose water toning spritz works great for me :)


  4. Kiehls has slowly become my new favorite brand. I use their face moisturizer with sunscreen! Truly a lifesaver !



  5. I've heard so many great things about Kiehls!

    - Liz

  6. I've never tried these before. I'm curious to see if that Midnight Recovery Eye Cream works though. I love using the products from Lush cosmetics.

    The Office Stylist

  7. Very cool darling. Its good to make sure your skin care is natural and made with beautiful ingredients! You have lovely skin so they seem to work!


  8. Still shopping around myself, oily sensitive skin problems.


  9. I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for upcycles like this. In the end, you don't know it was a shipping pallet to begin with juegos friv ol


I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved