{ The Caradona} Tutorial on goodbye frizz & Wake Up and Sorta Go.

Apr 7, 2014

I feel like it's been since forever that I haven't done a tutorial on how I do my hair. This may the first time actually, so cut me some slack if it's not perfect. If I had a dollar for each tumblr question on how I do my hair or each email I'd have A LOT of $'s. Legit...a lot. It never annoys me, I get annoyed at myself because I always want to make time to sit down and figure out how to actually do a proper tutorial. I know many of you will want a video after this but lets do one thing at a time here.

IMG_7470

Good morning right? How many of you have woken up and looked like this or WORSE?! I mean I wish I could just wake up and look uhmazing but I'm not Aria from Pretty Little Liars. (That girl always looks so good) Anyways yeah this doesn't happen every morning but let's face it, some mornings us girls just look gross and not kissable, also our breath smells it's just not right... even if our boyfriends say we look good....we know they are LIARS!

Below I will begin my step by step photo process on how I do my hair the "natural way". As you might have noticed I have a lot of different styles I like to do..but this is my easy "Wake up and sorta go" style without all the frizz and craziness.

IMG_7442
IMG_7494

There are very few firsts in a girls life. First kiss, first heartbreak, first pet...First hair product. My mother bought me my first hair product in Paris it was 1998. We went to some hair place and she bough me Frizz Ease the original hair serum, I remember being like wow this is going to make me beautiful. The next day she taught me how to use it and how to smooth down the frizz near my face. I remember her saying "Please don't get this everywhere!" and the mom phrase "Wash your hands after" I think we all have products we remember or grew up with and John Frieda was one of them, which is why I chose to just use Frizz Ease for my tutorial, from start to finish.

IMG_7499
IMG_7501

After washing my hair  with Shampoo & Conditioner (pour some of the serum in the shampoo it makes it not so hard on your hair). I sprayed the Dream Curl daily styling spray on my damp hair. Make sure to spray all over.

IMG_7508

After all the spraying take some hair serum and dispense a dime size amount onto your palms. Rub hands together and distribute evenly throughout hair.

IMG_7509
IMG_7516

Make sure to get it everywhere. Plus you know your own hair better than anyone else so make sure to put enough where it gets super dry!!

Also...i'm not wearing any makeup in the pictures shown above, like zip zero none. Thought it would be cool for effect!

IMG_7519
IMG_7525
Okay fast forward a little. I like to put a little bun on the top of my hair to give natural volume near the bangs area.  now let it dry..my hair doesn't take long to dry. (also just put some make up one so I could look semi cute and what-not)

IMG_7530

Curls are not all the same, and that goes for on your head too! I have three different types of curl textures on my fat head and sometimes they don't all look good! So I go to the curling iron and I fix them. I take the weirdo strait curls and make them bounce. I smooth out anything that needs smoothing. You don't have to do you're whole head just where you think it needs some extra love.

(I got a stupid relaxer not long ago and it stripped my very curly hair...I regret it but hey what can you do. Thankfully these products bring out the curl in my hair and the serum makes it nice and soft...)



IMG_7536
IMG_7540

Ok, SHAKE IT OUT! That's right shake and move and dance and sing...well you don't have to sing but  shake it.

IMG_7545
Stripped top: The Firth Label, Grey Top: Pima Doll, necklace: Jennifer Zeuner
Okay all done...like for realz this is my "Wake up and sorta go" look.
One of my many Caradona looks....soon to be all on Trop Rouge one day or another but I wanted to start with the OG first.

Would love to know any of your hair tricks. We can use this page as a sort of sharing community!!
Also check out the John Frieda Frizz Ease video here on leaving your hair down and never pulling back.

Talk to me on Tumblr & follow me on Instagram


48 comments:

  1. I knew you had gotten a relaxer--the new 'do looks great, but I definitely missed your big Caradona curls!!

    I have very similar curls/texture and recently cut about 12" off my hair into a short bob like yours and I flipping love it! Have you ever tried Catwalk Curls Rock? It's a cream and you just need a little and it makes your hair shiny and frizz free while defining curls without making them crunchy. You should check it out!

    xoxo Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm so annoyed I got one I thought it would be a good idea but it wasn't haha. I need to try that stuff out thanks for the tip!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for doing this! I've been waiting for this for so long! Btw even on the 1st picture, just woken up you're still gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How often do you use the relaxer? I'm trying not to use it because it really ruins my hair, but it's very difficult .. I'm still looking for something that fits my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does ruin the hair but I got it like two months ago but it will be my last other wise I don't ever do them to my hair!

      Delete
  4. you have THE best hair!!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sorry, but your hair look exactly the same...before and after styling...
    We want to see effect like this: http://troprouge.blogspot.com/2014/02/shoeline-summer-suede.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link you pulled is from a photo shoot and I didn't do my own hair it was done for me. It looks the same cause my hair is naturally curly I don't have to do much to it for it to look that way when it...sorta is that way, but I wanted to share with my readers my step by step anyways. sorry you didn't find it informative. I'll try again with a different style.

      Delete
    2. Thats ok :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this!!! I've been waiting for a tutorial on how you style your hair. I brought like 5 photos of you to my hair cutter to get the same cute cut. Now I can really get that volume! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhaa, thanks so much. I'm going to try and do much more from now one

      Delete
  7. Great look! I always used to think a serum/moisturizer would make my hair get oily fast, but I realized that it gives my hair such great shine! I'm using a Fekkai balm before blowdrying and it's making my life so nice. :P


    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some of the Fekkai products as well and it works great. Yeah I think that if you don't over do it then your hair wont get too oily :)

      Delete
  8. Sweet, I wonder if it can work on my short hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bumble and Bumble has a wonderful curl cream; supposedly it's for "fine curls" but my hair is thicker than a forest, and it's actually perfect. Their leave-in conditioner is also a really good for curls when you want to mellow them out into waves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christina, like many Brazilians I got my hair relaxed for years and years. I actually didn't even know my hair texture that well, that's how bad it was. Don't do it again, the beauty of curly hair is to play with the texture back and forward, curly, wavy, straight..
    Here in Dublin I got to try the Small Talk from Tigi and seriously, all products from BedHead are freakin amazing!!! Give it a try someday.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christina, like many Brazilians I got my hair relaxed for many many years. I didn't even knew my natural hair texture anymore, by that time a big hair with volume wasn't a style you would go for, which is crazy. Things changed, anyway.
    Here in Dublin I got to try the Small Talk product from Tigi and all BedHead line is freakin amazing. You should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a fellow curly haired gal, thank you for sharing this!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My extremely thick/curly hair DRINKS Shea butter/any leave in conditioner. First I try to make my hair happy by feeding it lol, (I do wanna try the Frizz ease spray/serum you use) then I usually follow with a mousse (the Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Curl Defining Mousse has actually been really working well for me lately...doesn't make your hair all hard) and then I end with a Moroccan oil for some final shine/texture. Works pretty well for me! For now...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fat head hahahah You are hilarious :)) Hopefully more tutorials like this to come, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!! My hair started to break off after years of not using heat protection (silly me). Now it's finally at a length that I like, but to get it curly I tend to braid it the night before and take it out in the morning. My soft hair combined with the wind usually takes the curls right out, I think I should start using some of the frizz ease stuff.

    Jaye x
    The Life of JP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you apply there products (spray and serum) to dry hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I see it, DAMP hair! nevermind :) x

      Delete
  17. I love the Caradona hair tutorial! I have naturally curly very frizzy hair and used to get teased as a kid for it. Now I blow dry it but it gets very dry. I wonder if I used Frizz Ease if it would help a lot? I think it might be worth a try even though I'm terrible with a curling iron and could never pull off a Caradona look. Do people touch your hair a lot? Mine's frizzy but soft. I love the way your hair looks though.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've used Frizz Ease before and it JUST DOESN'T WORK! I've opted for products like Shea Moisture. They're amazing for curls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i thought you had heat damage because you dont have much of a curl pattern especially in the front anymore its just sorta hangs. thanks for the full disclosure in saying you had gotten a relaxer. when you've grown the relaxer out maybe try a glossing treatment. they're suppose to be similar to a brazilian smoothing treatment but without all the hassle (might have read that on Into The Gloss. i want to try it myself. i know all about the kinky-curly-coily hair struggle. btw i remember you doing a hair post maybe over a year where you showed you braided down your hair at night when it was still damp and unraveled it in the a.m. i think maybe your baby bro was in it.- anyway i say all this to say, you're looking good and still stylin' on 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great way to wake up with less frizz is to sleep on satin pillowcases. They don't dry out your hair like cotton ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christina, what cut do you have? What do you ask for when you go to a hairdresser?

    ReplyDelete
  22. my hair is like insanely curly but it's calmed down in recent years (because of well..damage) and I love using John Frieda products. Bumble and Bumble have great products too. As for hair tricks, I brush my hair before getting into shower, dry it with an old t-shirt and sleep on a satin pillow, all to minimize frizz :)

    Also, I'm gonna try serum with shampoo! thanks for the post!
    Lazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooo relaxers ruin everything don't they :(.. but the great thing about hair is that it grows so best thing to do is let it grow out and then cut it off - scary I know!

    ReplyDelete
  24. no, no, no, i wanted a video showing how you do your hair! whine-y-me-aside, I really adore the hair style and hair type you have. It makes me want to go chop off my limp long hair and start over. How would you tell the hair dresser to go about cutting it the 'caradona style' if my hair type is wavy? Do you ask for a choppy layer? Help! Thank you in advance :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now I finally know the secret behind your hair! It always looks so effortless and amazing :)

    XO CHAMA FASHION
    www.chamafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic look!
    Come visit my blog
    www.agoprime.it

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that you're a fellow curly girl! You're hair is perfection! I missed your blog, it's great!

    http://kelformity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. http://kinkcaviar.blogspot.com.es

    I have the same hair type
    Today I'll try your routine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Frizz ease is amazing aha, I use it all the time too along with toni&guy, I have yet to find a better product for curly hair :) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great tutorial, thank you! Frizz Ease was the first hair product my mom bought me to control my nutty hair. I'm going to a music festival this summer, what's a good hair product to bring? Do you suggest any of the BB products and have you tried their dry shampoo? Thanks Dx

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG it was such a relief to read that you have three different types of curls on your head too! I am multiracial and I thought I was the only person in the world who had that! Thanks for these tips and by the way you look cute in the pictures w/o makeup too :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Like everyone else, it was just relieving to hear you write the three different types of curls in your head. I read an article here http://www.restylepro.com/ with almost similar steps in in taming naturally frizzy hair, although different products. I’m a fan of your hair now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that you're a fellow curly girl! You're hair is perfection! I missed your blog, it's great. Best regards: Search Engine Optimization A best SEO for Blogger.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved