{ Grand Marnier } Holiday

Nov 20, 2013

IMG_3141
IMG_3425
IMG_3427
IMG_3430
IMG_3431
IMG_3436
IMG_3439
IMG_3466
IMG_3479
Photography: Anthony Urbano

I love the holidays it's my favorite time of the year. I grew up where holiday parties were always expected to be at the Caradona's. Homemade everything and Secret Santa's. I hope to grow up to be like my mother in that sense, she's always been the classiest woman I knew always teaching me different things about party etiquette and basically how to be a lady. I feel like I might be going in the right direction, because as soon as November rolls around I start day dreaming about recipes and party planning!
In honor of all thing festive I'd love to share with you a recipe I made with my friend Anthony over the weekend with Grand Marnier. What better way to test out a new drink than on a cold rainy day, because let's face it the best part about a party are the drinks! 
I decided to make a Grand Raspberry Peach Collins


Here's what you're gonna need:

*1 bottle of Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach
*A lemon
*Simple Syrup
*Club Soda

Now here's how to do it:
 oh and did I mention we blasted The Supremes?..yeah you should do that.

Step 1) Pour 2 oz of Grand Marnier Raspberry peach into a cocktail shaker.
 Step 2) Add 3/4 oz of french lemon juice (make sure you take the seed out!)
Step 3) Add 1/2 oz of simple syrup
Step 4) Fill the shaker with ice and shake well! 

IMG_3485
IMG_3508
top: Topshop, skirt: Zimmerman, rings: Karen London, watch: Follie Follie

After you're done shaking stain the drink in a glass filled with ice and top with club soda. And because everything looks cute with fruit add a lemon wedge and a raspberry as garnish!

IMG_3158

Something my mother always told me was to never show up to a party empty handed, friend or not bring a little something! I'm the candle giver. I love to receive and give them, who doesn't love a candle?
IMG_2864
IMG_2847
IMG_2833
IMG_2808
IMG_2672
1st jacket: Vintage, top: Guess, skirt: Tommy Hilfiger, shoes: Marc Fisher ,  2nd jacket: Karl Lagerfeld, purse: Jess Rizzuti

My holiday tip:
#1 tip: Go for coats with detailing. I love coats that have that vintage touch, a nice fur/faux fur collar and double breasted. 
#2 tip: I love wearing color in the fall and when winter rolls around you'll find me in this red coat. It's festive and brightens up those snowy days.


17 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures, they are very beautiful and your coats are so cool!
    http://www.itsaboutla.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I don´t drink alcohol but I think this drink is a try worth ;) And I love your coat!

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god do I love these pics! The one of you sitting on the stairs is just too dreamy... <3 <3
    And I also very much like the idea of mixing drinks while playing the Supremes!


    xo Sabrina

    apixiesviewonfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend Anthony is a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are the candle giver. :) I love posts hearing about your mom too and your upbringing. ~always peace...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those coats look amazing on you!

    http://paperphlox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I'm still in denial over the fact that my favorite season is coming to an end, this blog post makes me get a little bit more into the holiday cheer! That being said, I'm still not ready to hear Christmas music until after Thanksgiving! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with your hair! && I couldn't agree more with your mother. Love the candle idea.


    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com
    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all of these outfits, and i may try this drink one day! :)

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I need a drink!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of your jackets, esp. the vintage one.

    www.FashionSnag.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that drink looks so yummy! love that brown coat

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god the drink looks so delicious! Definitely going to try it out! Love the pictures! :)

    thekiing.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. i used to read this blog for its fresh take on a vintage/modern style that i thought i could model. i just looked at it today after a couple of months away from the internet and feel so disgusted -- youre all about brands now. trying to sell something, or sell yourself? i guess you must be making a lot of money. cheers to capitalism then, darling. i recommend you read the book branded.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved