The beat on the streets

Oct 3, 2014

IMG_0213
IMG_0245
IMG_0253
IMG_0282
IMG_0292
Photo by Morgan Bonnet Lay
IMG_0308
Top: Topshop, pants: Topshop, hat: Clyde, shoes: Coach, bag: Elizabeth & James

IMG_0352
IMG_0367
IMG_0360
IMG_0383
IMG_0396
IMG_0425
IMG_0399
IMG_0435
sweater dress: Zara, boots: Coach, bag: Kenneth Cole,

Photography: Morgan Bonnet Lay

I'm a woman of habit, habits that are difficult to break. My typical East Village morning consist of coffee runs and an overpriced croissants over at the Third rail on 2nd and 9th. Mudd is another favorite coffee shop of mine and conveniently located in my neighborhood.
I enjoy looking somewhat presentable in the morning and since the last couple of mornings have been rather chilly, sweaters (even if cropped) are necessary. If you catch me in the morning you will see me in oxfords, a hat, cropped baggy pants and coffee in hand!

When I'm traveling abroad and even when I'm in East Village, I love to explore new places when I have time in my day. I love walking and wandering around, turning down streets I've never ventured own before, it's a great way discover hidden gems.

Night time for me is all about having fun yet still being cozy (my astrology sign is Cancer so that might play a factor)! If I'm going to wear heels then I have to be the coziest person at the bar. I also have to be the cutest.. which is why pants are always an option and suede boots are a must. I love oversized sweaters and anything chunky for that matter. Especially since we are entering fall, these things are just no brainers.
I tend to stay on my side of town. Like a stoop kid who doesn't leave the stoop, I consider myself an East Village girl who doesn't leave EV. Same bar, different day and same kids just different nights. 7th Street and Avenue A (formally known as 'hell corner') is my go to and now since Max Fish decided to reopen that's also a new spot of mine - mainly because of the pin ball machine… Not the hot skaters that go there, just the pin ball machine, I swear!

INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR | FACEBOOK



40 comments:

  1. Both of your outfits look fabulous! Your Topshop knit crop top, blue Topshop trousers and white Clyde hat look great together and I love your red Zara sweater dress.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this comfort look! I find it even more sexy than the sexy ones!
    XOX, Gap.
    www.gaptoothedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the navy with black look. And esp the sweater dress. Its the best fall item!

    http://www.eyelikefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I adore both outfits and the pant is everything! X

    http://www.fashioliezta.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these looks. You are perfect.

    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great looks, you wear clothes like no one else!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m in love with that hat and the second look is perfect, so stylish!
    www.trendenciesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the second look! need to give these socks and boots thing a try, it just looks so so good!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both outfits!

    http://theragdolls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the pictures- and your outfits too, of course! The coach shoes are my favorite! I wanted to get similar ones from office, but they didn't have any in my size.

    mariamsesay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first outfit has to be up there in my favorites.
    I love the pictures so congrats to the photographer!
    xx

    Valentina
    Valentina Duracinsky Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the silhouettes, your shoes are really cute!

    xo Kenzie
    easy, lucky, free

    ReplyDelete
  13. habits are sooo hard to break! But why even..if we enjoy them! :) Looking great in that red sweater, it's amazing <3

    have a great weekend!
    www.evesbreeze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the first outfit is my fave. the second is pretty great too x

    O.R.R.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the hat wow

    XO CHAMA FASHION
    www.chamafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. J'adore your look!

    Giveway LANVIN pochette on my blog:

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look great!!

    we finally released the 5th issue of our online magazine called 'The Visual'.
    make sure to check it out and get inspired :) we can't wait to share it with you, so go ahead to www.offcolor.de x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your outfits on point... As always.

    www.TheFollowFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both... Well done!!!

    http://www.chicadventureit.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. these outfits are so effortless and the photography stunning. :D great post

    ReplyDelete
  21. DYING over that first outfit. D.Y.I.N.G.

    http://canadianinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great look!
    Have a good Sunday!
    xx
    Stephanie
    www.stephaniegille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hat game is always so on point! Love both of these looks.
    www.enduringethereal

    ReplyDelete
  24. love how you styled that crop top, and the sweater dress w/ those socks and boots, nice!

    http://midoriline.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love that hat!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these outfits! So simple, yet stylish.

    xo, Lisette
    http://streetstride.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both of your outfits - especially the red sweater dress! I'm a Midtown East girl & tend to stay on my side of town as well. Unless I go downtown to Union Square or Bleecker.

    http://www.fortunetellerfashion.com/
    xxFTF

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this outfit, nothing better then slipping on a big chunky jumper in the morning! x
    Holly x

    http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Online Easy Jobs from home with data entry, copy pasting, facebook jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Best outfit. Nice hat.
    www.trendin.com/casual-shirts-for-men_382

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Vanessa :)

    My Swedish company will soon launch our latest collection of elegant fashion products and make an exclusive pre-launch to celebrities and larger fashion bloggers in Sweden. We have also decided to do a smaller selected launch among international bloggers.

    Since you blog about fashion and have a cool style which suites our brand, you can select a modell and color which you like.

    Email me if this sounds interesting and I can send you more information and pictures of our products.

    Have a great day!

    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi,, i like to visit this site,, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Where can i find cheap sweater dresses online?
    red sweater dress

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved