Mixing up tops

Apr 14, 2010

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cardigan- Joan Vass, Skirt worn as top- American Apparel, Shorts- American Apparel.

I decided to wear this new American Apparel Silky sheered waisted skirt as a top.
I know I like as a skirt...but I really like it as a top too! I wasn't afraid of it slipping off either. We don't want any of that!

My little brother and I went on a blockbuster adventure. I bought him two PS3 games. Tomb Raider and some other stupid game that I actually hate...so I bringing it back in an hour. I'm trading it in for Kung Foo Panda. (Pierce is 4)

I managed to squeeze some time to go into "Unique Boutique" A really cool thrift store full of wedding dresses and unique finds.
The fitting room is the cutest room in the world! Cute shoes lined up and pretty flowers and hooks. You feel like a little princess...OK I feel like a little Princess.

I left with both the dresses you see in my pictures. and may I add that I only paid $5!!
ahhhh I love something for nothing.

22 comments:

  1. i wanna go to that thrift store! looks like i can spend ages there!

    love how ure wearing the skirt as a top. genius and if i didnt read ur post, wudnt have figured out that it was supposed to be a skirt!

    xoxojenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your skirt as a top! And that store looks like a great place to spend a couple hours! Great finds btw!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first shot... you look like a model! I also like that floral dress. I can't believe you only paid $5 for both dresses! the interior of the shop looks like a boutique more than a thrift shop so I expected high prices... where is this amazing store?

    ps. your blog is one of the few that I actually stay the entire 4-5 mins it takes to play the song you're featuring. I <3 your choice in music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh you look stunning! i love love the top
    thank you so much for adding me to your page! i'm making a blog roll soon and i'll be sure to add you :)

    ps GREAT SONG, love crystalized LOVE THE XX i have them on my playlist as well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photographs in your blog are brilliant! I love the food and the clothes and the jewelry, very inspiring :)

    xx
    http://leinamorata.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbe la boutique, j'aime beaucoup la robe fleurie. Malheureusement il y a très peu de boutiques comme ça en Suisse...

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'aime bien que ton short en jean ne soit pas effiloché

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a hot look. LOVE the jacket too! great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are lovely, and so nice with your brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic photos! I love having a rummage through a good vintage loot :) Your finds are fabulous, I'm going to a Vintage Fair in Manchester on Saturday so you'll have to pop by and take a look at the photos - am hoping it lives up to my expectations! Claire ♥

    http://jazz-pad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so pretty! I didn't know that it was a skirt!! How cool and versatile! xxoxoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that shirt and jacket!

    http://89rottenapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do that all that time too, try to re-work clothes, wear it other ways aside from the obvious. I definitely love that AA skirt as a top and I really think that color is stunning on you.

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a great place fufilled with goodies to me !
    michelle ||
    www.GlistersAndBlisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm OBSESSED with that coral/pink colour of your top/skirt. Feeling it having multi-purposes in your wardrobe. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all these photos and outfits! that shop looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh that's so awesome! $5 for both is super cool. talk about not getting a dent on the wallet.

    And you're so nice to be watching over your lil bro. Is the game you traded too violent?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I was looking at your top and thinking how great it is. And it's a skirt :D nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful outfit! love the colours! great pics as usual great finds! :)

    www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment.

© Trop Rouge All rights reserved